We all get bombarded with so many emails but a few tips can help prevent your Inbox becoming a nightmare:
- Use Flags to remind you to return to an email on a specific day/time – this prevents you forgetting about some emails when they drop off the screen
- Delete emails once you’ve responded to them. A copy will be in your Sent Items if you need to access it – *remember to save any attachments first though
- For emails you’re keeping, use Mail Folders to organise them into subjects/categories
- Archive older emails (contact the IT department if you need help with this)
- Only use Delivery/Read receipts when necessary
A great new feature in the new Office 2016 which is coming to UOG PCs soon (Library PCs are being upgraded over the Summer).
When you store a Word file on your OneDrive (Microsoft cloud storage), the file can now be edited simultaneously by colleagues on different devices, in different locations. Flags indicate where colleagues are editing & you can see their edits as they make them. Co-authority in other Office applications will follow soon. For more information on what’s new in Office 2016… follow this link
If you go to http://ist.glos.ac.uk/resources2.html – there is a tutorial you can work through on how to use the library catalogues (the OPAC system) to search for resources.